- Even if you are not Belgian, you have the right to vote in local elections (élections communales) in Belgium
- European citizens can be electors and candidates
- Non-European citizens can only be electors
- You need to register before July 31, 2018 at the town council (administration communale)
- You must be over 18 years old
- You must be registered as a resident in the municipality (registre, service Population)
- Non-European citizens must have 5 years residency in Belgium
Local elections will take place on October 14th, 2018. We elect 29 municipal councillors in Saint-Josse, who will choose the mayor and his assistants (deputy mayor).
Non-Belgian citizens can not vote for regional and federal elections (2019). Nonetheless a campaign (#1bru1vote) is currently taking place to allow them to vote as well in Brussels.
More information here :